Saturday, May 7, 2011

Race for the Cure

There was a little mishap this weekend.

Luckily Flat Jenny accompanied me to the ER where we spent the night waiting for a doctor to tell us this news. The good news is that I didn't break my foot. The bad news is that I really messed up my ligaments and tendons and will be in a boot for the next two months. Sigh. I guess plans have changed.

Jenny and I were planning to do the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure today. But due to "unforeseen circumstances" (isn't that what they always say when someone doesn't want to tell the truth about how they jumped over a fence and landed incorrectly) I had to pass honor of running with Flat Jenny to my cute daughter Emily.

Take it away Emily!

Hi, I'm Emily. I'm going to be eight on May 24th. I did a 5K and I had Jenny on my back! It was fun running the race with my dad and all my other friends. I ran the whole way and I got my personal record by nine minutes.

At the end I felt tired but I felt proud that I did it. I don't have a lot more to say. I had to leave my house at 6:15 today.

I think running is fun. I hope you feel better Jenny.

1 comment:

  1. Oh me, oh my! Laurie, what a tragedy! I hope you get back on your feet soon and all healed up!

    Little Emily, you ROCK!!! Way to pick up Flat Jenny and continue the adventure! Great job on your run and I am happy to hear about your experiences.

    You ladies are amazing!

    ReplyDelete