Saturday, April 16, 2011

Taking it slowly

Look carefully at the bottom of this photo.


That's right. It's a friendly snail. This, unfortunately, is an action shot of Saturday's power walk.

We were supposed to go 12 miles. We went a half mile and realized we wouldn't make it the full 12. The muscles behind my knee hurt - a lot. This maaaaaay have something to do with the 23 miles the week before. No problem, I thought. We'll just do 6. We finished the first mile when I made an executive decision to turn around right then. I'd rather skip a few workouts than injure myself.

We are currently not injuring ourselves by visiting with family in Arizona. One family member is pregnant with twins. We have been "fueling" for future races with her. Flat Jenny and I have been enjoying that a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment