Saturday, August 3, 2013

Jenny: A Relapse

I am so very sad to write that our dear friend Jenny was told yesterday that her cancer has relapsed.  Chemo is starting immediately and expected bone marrow transplant will be coming. Please send her your faith and prayers. 

In honor of my sweet friend, I pulled out my Flat Jenny and we went on a run this morning.  My heart was so heavy as I ran, thinking of this amazing, sweet, gentle woman who does so much good and endures so well.  I hope and pray that this time around the cancer will finally be defeated for good.  Yet I know that all is in God's hands.  He knows best, He sees the complete eternal picture, and He loves Jenny more than any of us can possibly comprehend.

Jenny, in 6 weeks I will run a marathon.  26.2 miles.  I began the training to prove something to myself, to remind myself of who I am and what I am capable of, to refocus myself on the phrase "in the strength of the Lord I can do all things."  However, I am going to finish the training for YOU; I will run for YOU!  The miles I run between now and then may not mean much in the grand scheme of things, but I want you to know that with every step, every hill to climb, every strained breath, every sore muscle, every desire to quit, and every pounding beat of my heart I will think of you, pray for you, and ask for strength to be given you.  You beat this once, my friend; God willing, you will beat it again!  I love you, dear one! 

"Hope on. Journey on. Honestly acknowledge your questions and your concerns, but first and forever fan the flame of your faith, because all things are possible to them that believe." -Jeffrey R. Holland



2 comments:

  1. You are a faithful friend to Jenny. I add my prayers and bike miles with you Meggen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear this. Ironic that just yesterday (Sunday Aug 4) I was cleaning and saw my Flat Jenny and was going to throw it away, as I thought she was doing better,etc. Will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete